Legal Counsel (Fixed Term Contract for 6 – 9 months)
Head of Legal
To provide in-house legal support to the Head of Legal in relation to production and general legal matters across all areas of the company.
- Assisting on and leading contractual transactions including drafting and negotiating both in relation to the Company’s global theatrical production activities as well as all other areas of the business including licensing, publishing, recording, film/TV, merchandise and digital;
- Legal research and contractual analysis including drafting reports/research notes/advising the Head of Legal and the Company;
- Liaising with external counsel on outsourced legal matters and obtaining further advice where necessary;
- General legal and commercial support to all teams within the company.
- Qualified solicitor, preferably with a minimum of 6+ years post-qualification experience;
- Passion/Enthusiasm for the performing arts and the theatre industry;
- Sound understanding of commercial contracts, contract law, intellectual property law (primarily copyright and trademarks) and licensing. Experience in live entertainment, publishing, broadcasting and/or recording industries would also be beneficial;
- Highly skilled and resourceful legal researcher;
- Excellent drafting skills in relation to contractual agreements, correspondence, research notes, reports etc.;
- Excellent numeracy skills with some experience reviewing and understanding budgets and financial documents;
- Experience dealing with multi-jurisdictional transactions and liaising with external parties in different territories;
- Strong communication (both written and oral) and analytical skills;
- Ability to multi-task and manage several matters coincidentally and to prioritise workload as appropriate;
- Ability to work with and advise multi-disciplinary teams across the Company;
- Excellent organisation skills;
- Sound grasp of word processing, spread sheets and similar software including track-change and document comparison tools;
- Highly competent with filing and document management systems, both digital and hardcopy;
- Ability to digest and explain complex information and logically work through problems to develop solutions; and
- Commercially-minded with a strong willingness to learn and develop their understanding of the industry.
About The Really Useful Group
The Really Useful Group (founded in 1977) is Andrew Lloyd Webber’s theatre producing and rights licensing company and controls the theatrical rights for all of Andrew’s works, including The Phantom of the Opera, Cinderella, Cats, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita, Sunset Boulevard and School of Rock.
ALL APPLICATIONS TO: