Please note this job is not within The Really Useful Group’s head office.
The Phantom of the Opera will be embarking on an 18-month Mandarin language tour through China. The tour will open in Shanghai.
We are looking for a Lighting Head of Department as per the below criteria. The contract will include all Visa, travel, and accommodation costs. A daily per diem will be provided in the territory. The contract will be for 18 months from 25 March 2023.
A weekly salary of 1400 USD (±1150 GBP)
- Perform all the responsibilities consistent with a Head of Lighting on a first-class musical.
- Work closely with lighting design team.
- Transfer and relight the show in each venue.
- Manage touring lighting team.
- Work with suppliers and local venue staff to set up and run lighting systems.
- Supervise and document the regular maintenance of equipment and set electrics.
- Willing and able to cover stage plots where required.
- Adhere to relevant safety standards where applicable.
- Demonstratable experience with theatrical lighting systems.
- Experience in touring commercial theatre productions desired.
- Fluency in speaking Mandarin is desirable but not required.
Candidates are asked to send a CV and details of two reference to firstname.lastname@example.org