The Really Useful Group: About Us
The Really Useful Group (RUG) is a leading global theatrical production & licensing company which owns and administers the catalogue of copyrights and musical theatre productions created by the UK composer and originator Andrew Lloyd Webber. In a career spanning over 50 years, some of Andrew’s most successful musical compositions are Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita, Starlight Express and Love Never Dies. He has co-produced his own shows, including Cats and The Phantom Of The Opera, with the latter holding the record as the longest running musical in London West End history. Andrew’s production of School Of Rock was the first British musical to have world premiered on Broadway.
The Really Useful Group is responsible for the global licensing of the intellectual property rights in these compositions, including grand rights for professional and amateur productions worldwide, film, record, music publishing and merchandising rights.
RUG has produced the first original major musical to premiere in London’s West End after lockdown, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Cinderella”. The show opened for previews on 25th June at the Gillian Lynne Theatre on Drury Lane with fantastic customer reviews, and the album of music from the show, recorded during lockdown, with guest vocalists including Adam Lambert and Todrick Hall, was released on 9th July and went straight to #1 on the iTunes album chart.
The Role: Marketing Assistant
We are looking for a marketing assistant to join our extremely busy in-house marketing team to provide support in a variety of areas including social media, marketing planning, online and customer relationship management and communications. The role is initially being recruited on a temporary basis, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Your responsibilities shall include:
- Assisting the marketing team with the delivery and implementation of marketing plans for RUG’s diverse catalogue of theatrical shows.
- Taking direction from the marketing manager and marketing coordinator to assist in the production and trafficking of assets.
- Undertaking administrative duties to support the management and delivery of campaigns and the smooth running of the team.
- Day-to-day communication with our external agency contacts and teams.
- Supporting the Group Head of Communications with incoming requests.
- Working with our in-house business analytics team on sales reporting and KPI’s.
- Exceptional organisational and communications skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work under pressure and on multiple projects
- Previous junior account executive experience is beneficial
- Knowledge of media and the digital landscape is beneficial
- Passionate about theatre
The company has a strong diversity programme and welcomes applicants of all backgrounds.
The role will be based at our RUG’s fabulous offices in Covent Garden.
For further information, please apply with an updated CV to email@example.com.