Are you a strong communicator ready for a new challenge? We are looking for an experienced Press Officer to support with the day-to-day running of the press office, handling all press and media activities across RUG and LW Theatres. We are building out a new communications function which is led by the Group Communications Director. This will be a diverse and wide-ranging role with opportunities for autonomy and future growth and development.
The Really Useful Group (RUG) is wholly owned by Andrew Lloyd Webber and exists to produce, license and promote his shows and music around the globe. RUG represents Andrew’s works in theatre, film, television, music publishing and all other forms of licensing.
LW Theatres Group owns and operates six commercial theatres in the heart of London’s West End. The Group is wholly owned by Andrew Lloyd Webber and our theatres are some of the most prestigious and desirable in the world. These include the iconic London Palladium and the Theatre Royal Drury Lane, which has reopened as a landmark destination venue, breaking new ground in our industry.
What you’ll be doing
Working with the Communications Director you will:
- Support with the day-to-day running of the press office function across RUG and LW Theatres, handling all incoming and proactive communications and press activities; strategic campaign planning around key projects; media and campaign delivery and execution; international coordination and press planning; monitoring, reporting and evaluation; issues management and crisis communications; and all media and stakeholder networking.
- Assist with the management of a network of agencies and publicists to drive key projects forward and deliver strategic plans.
- Collaborate with wider marketing functions across both organisations to deliver strategic ambitions.
What we need
- 3-5 years of experience in a busy and active press office, communications agency or a media organisation
- A strong and motivated communicator who is comfortable working directly with senior stakeholders and managing multiple workstreams across a wide variety of subject matter
- Flexible and adaptable with an ability to operate under pressure. Demonstrate sound judgement and strong communications instincts across a wide range of subjects and situations
- Experience in and a passion for theatre, arts and culture
Deadline for applications: 29th November 2021
Diversity & Inclusion
At RUG and LW Theatres, we pride ourselves on being a family of individuals and actively welcome applicants from all backgrounds – it’s one of our core values and we believe celebrating our differences is key to success.
At the heart of our Company is a culture of inclusion where everyone feels seen and heard and can be themselves at work. Regardless of your background, all we ask is that you have the skills and experience required and the desire to succeed. In return, we pledge to ensure that our selection process is both transparent and fair.
We are also open to discussing opportunities to work flexibly.
This role may close early if a sufficient number of applications are received
ALL APPLICATIONS TO: